Age Co Personal Alarms Terms and Conditions
The Age Co Personal Alarms service and website is provided by Taking Care (PPP Taking Care Limited).
Taking Care is the trading name and brand of PPP Taking Care Limited. PPP Taking Care Limited ("PPP Taking Care”, "Taking Care", “us”, “our” and “we”) is part of the AXA Group of companies.
A full version of our Terms and Conditions are available to download here (PDF format).
These Terms and Conditions, together with all documents expressly referred to in them, tell you about us and the legal terms which govern our provision of all Taking Care products and services.
These Terms and Conditions are designed to help you get the best out of your specific products and/or services. Some of the terms contained in these Terms and Conditions apply to specific products and/or services. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you place your order to us and make sure you understand the terms which apply to the products and/or services ordered. By submitting your order to us, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions and any other documents expressly referred to in them. If you don’t agree with any part of these Terms and Conditions, you should not submit your order to us.
Information about us
We are Taking Care which is the trading name and brand of PPP Taking Care Limited, a subsidiary of AXA Health. We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 01488490 with our main trading address at Taking Care Limited Customer Service Department at Linhay House, Linhay Business Park, Ashburton, Devon, TQ13 7UP, and our registered office at 20 Gracechurch Street, London, United Kingdom, EC3V 0BG.
If you have any questions in relation to these Terms and Conditions, or need more information about the products or services, our Customer Services Team will be happy to help you. You can contact them here:
- Write to: Customer Services, Taking Care, Linhay House, Linhay Business Park, Eastern Road, Ashburton TQ13 7UP
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0800 085 7371 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm).
Use of our Website
Structure of these Terms and Conditions
To make these Terms and Conditions easy for you to navigate we have separated them into 5 key sections:
Section 1: Key terms (which apply to all orders) - The core contractual terms that apply to all Taking Care products and services which confirm how and when we create a legally binding contract with you and set out important rights for you and us – including payment requirements, rights to cancel, termination, how we will handle your personal data and your right to complain.
Section 2: General terms (which apply to all orders) - All other terms that apply to all PPP Taking Care products and services, including any limits to our responsibilities to you and terms regulating the operation of our contract with you.
Section 3: 24/7 Emergency Resolution Service– Terms which apply specifically to our 24/7 Emergency Resolution Services.
Section 4: Installation – Terms governing the installation of our products and services, whether installed by us at your premises or installed by you at home.
Section 5: Other product specific terms - More specific rights about how we deliver specific products and services to you and to ensure that you’re aware of the most important requirements in supporting you in using and operating them safely. These are also available online for your reference.
SECTION 1: KEY TERMS
These terms apply to all of our products and services
1.1 HOW DO I ORDER PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM YOU?
- 1.1.1 Any quotation given by us before an order is placed for any of our products or services shall not constitute an offer by us to supply such products or services to you and is only valid for a period of 28 days following issue.
- 1.1.2 You can place an order with us to receive any of our products or services, either (i) by indicating your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by signing the Order Form / clicking to accept (if purchased online), or (ii) by calling the PPP Taking Care Sales Line on 0800 085 7371 to place an order. The order constitutes an offer by you to purchase or, where applicable, rent products from us and/or purchases services from us.
- 1.1.3 We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. If we do this, we will try to tell you promptly why and will refund any payments that we have taken without undue delay, and in any event within 14 days, using the same means of payment as used for the original transaction.
- 1.1.4 Your order shall only be deemed to be accepted when we accept your payment (in respect of orders made via telephone only), or when we email you to confirm acceptance of your order. A legally binding contract will then be in place between you (as the user) and us in respect of the product and/or services outlined in your order and/or your welcome letter (being the "Product(s)" and/or "Services").
- 1.1.5 You confirm that you are happy for us to deliver your Products and/or start to provide the Services as soon as practicable (or as soon as you are connected), rather than waiting for the 14-day cancellation period to end (as described in this section 1 below).
- 1.1.6 Commitments only apply to the user of the Products and Services who is party to this legally binding contract with us, even if someone else placed the order or makes a payment.
1.2 WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT REQUIREMENTS?
- 1.2.1 Online orders: The charges applicable for each of your Products and Services are as indicated on the order pages on our website immediately before you click to submit your order for online orders.
- 1.2.2 Telephone orders: To place an order by telephone please call the Taking Care Sales Line on 0800 085 7371. We will let you know the charges for such product or service or the basis of calculating the charges (and any extra charges such as delivery or installation charges) to the fullest extent we can over the telephone when you place an order with us. Depending on the cumulative addition and/or removal of your Products and Services, there may be an uplift or reduction in your charges (such increases, or decreases will be notified to you at the time). We will confirm the relevant new direct debit arrangement within 14 days.
- 1.2.3 We reserve the right to increase or decrease the cost of any of any of your Services to ensure that we continue to provide you with a competitive offering. We will give you two months’ notice if we intend to do this. If we tell you that any of your regular payments for your Services are increasing, you can end the contract for that Service by giving us one month’s notice. On expiry of the notice period, you will not incur any further costs in relation to the applicable Service.
- 1.2.4 If you qualify for VAT exemption due to disability or long-term illness and have provided us with a signed VAT Declaration Form, VAT will not be applicable to the charges for some of our products and services and will be noted as £0.
- 1.2.5 The VAT Declaration Form (provided to you separately to the Terms and Conditions) contains a definition of the HMRC term ‘chronically sick or disabled’ and you should complete the VAT Declaration Form only if you qualify under that definition.
- 1.2.6 All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer.
- 1.2.7 Where you purchase a Product(s) from us, title to that Product(s) will only pass to you at the time we receive payment for the relevant Product in full. Where you rent a Product from us, we shall retain title to the Product. For the avoidance of doubt, all Taking Care Products are made available on the following basis:
- 1.2.8 We will make all reasonable efforts to bring to your attention the basis on which we make Products available to you (i.e., on a purchase or rented basis) prior to submission of your order. We will also outline the basis on which Products are made available to you within your welcome letter. Terms specific to purchased Products and rented Products are outlined in Section 5 of these terms.
1.3 WHAT IS MY RIGHT TO CANCEL MY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES?
- 1.3.1 To exercise your right to cancel your contract for any of your Products (whether purchased or rented) and Services, you must inform us of your decision to cancel within the correct timeframe (i.e. before the cancellation period set out in this Section 1 has expired). Any such cancellation should be communicated to us via post, email or phone with a clear statement of your cancellation, or by using the cancellation form set out in the box below. You can contact our Customer Services Team on 0800 085 7371.
- 1.3.2 The cancellation period starts the moment we accept your order and the contract for your Products and Services is entered into and it ends, either:
- i) where cancelling your Products (whether rented or purchased) – 14 days after the date of delivery or installation of the relevant product. If you’ve bought multiple products under one order, the 14 day period runs from the day after the date of delivery or installation of the last of the batch; or
- ii) where you are cancelling your Services – 14 days after the day on which the contract is entered into, or if you require equipment to access your selected Service(s), 14 days after the date of delivery of the relevant equipment, if that is later.
- 1.3.3 We will then refund all payments that we have already received without undue delay using the same means of payment as used for the initial transaction and you will not incur any fees for the reimbursement as follows:
- i) your refund for cancelled Products (whether purchased or rented) will be within 14 days of either the day we receive the Product back, or you provide evidence of having returned it (for example proof of postage receipt from the post office), whichever is sooner.
- ii) your refund for cancelled Services will be within 14 days of the day on which you inform us of your decision to cancel.
- 1.3.4 We may offer promotional cancellations periods from time to time, terms relating to such will be detailed in your welcome letter.
- 1.3.5 Where you cancel a contract for Products (whether purchased or rented) and you have already received those Products you must return them to us within 28 days of the date of cancellation in the same condition in which they were received. Only when we receive the Product back, or you provide evidence of having returned it to us, will we refund you. If you have diminished the value of the Product by handling it in a way which would not be permitted in a shop, we may deduct an amount from your refund to cover the diminished value of the Product.
1.4 HOW CAN THE CONTRACT FOR SERVICES OR RENTED PRODUCTS END?
- 1.4.1 Once your cancellation rights have expired, both you and Taking Care are entitled to terminate the contract for any of your rented Product(s) or Services for any reason by providing one month’s notice to the other. Where a Service is terminated you will not incur any further costs in relation to the applicable rented Product(s) or Service after expiry of the one-month notice period. Please note that in the event of termination by either you or us, we will not refund any payments made up to the date of termination.
- 1.4.2 For rented Products, you must return the Product(s) to us within 28 days of the date of termination in good condition. We will supply you with a freepost Royal Mail return collection bag to help you do this. Please ask us for details.
- 1.4.3 Termination of a contract for any Service will not affect our right to receive any money owed to us under that contract up to and including the date of termination. If any such payments are outstanding and your direct debit is no longer active you will be asked to pay any such amounts due on termination by another method (cheque or card).
- 1.4.4 We also reserve the right to suspend or terminate a contract for any of your Services or rented Products if you breach any of the material terms contained in the parts of these Terms and Conditions that apply to the Service, including (without limit) failing to pay amounts due. If we believe you have breached a material term we will send you a communication to alert you and to let you know what other steps Taking Care will take before suspending or terminating the contract for that Service or rented Product. In such circumstances, if we do decide to terminate a contract, we will promptly notify you and termination will take effect from the date specified in such notice.
1.5. HOW CAN YOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS BE CHANGED?
- 1.5.1 We may need to change or discontinue any aspect of any of your Services or rented Products, or we may need to add to, replace or change these Terms and Conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods or changes in relevant laws or regulatory requirement. Where possible we will give you one month’s notice of any such changes. If this is not possible for legal or regulatory reasons we will provide as much notice as possible.
- 1.5.2 If you disagree with the changes we are making, you can end your contract for the relevant Service or rented Product by giving us one month’s notice by post, email or telephone. The changes will not impact your Services or rented Products provided that you give us this notice before the date upon which the notified change takes effect. This does not affect your right to end any contract with us at any time on giving us one month's notice.
- 1.5.3 If the change means that a previously included aspect of a Service or functionality of a rented Product is no longer available and you have already paid in respect of it, we will provide a refund and we will refund any payments that we have taken without undue delay, and in any event within 14 days of such change taking effect, using the same means of payment as used for the initial transaction.
1.6 HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION LOOKED AFTER?
- 1.6.1 We understand that your personal details are of a sensitive nature and highly confidential. Any information and details that we receive shall be kept confidential. Taking Care will:
- i) store personal details (which may include your medical history or other health information) securely in our database and in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation (defined below) and, except in circumstances when we have received an emergency alarm call and strictly only as necessary to provide you with your Services and exercise our obligations to you and to protect your vital interests, we will not disclose them to any third party, except to those who work for us, without your prior written consent; and
- ii) comply with all relevant obligations of the Data Protection Legislation.
- 1.6.2 Please notify us in writing if there is any individual(s) (i.e. a particular family member) to whom you would not want particular medical or health information disclosed.
- 1.6.3 We may record telephone conversations for training and quality control purposes and as a record of that conversation.
- 1.6.4 For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- i) “Data Protection Legislation” means the UK GDPR (defined below), EU GDPR (defined below) (to the extent applicable), the Data Protection Act 2018, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, and all other applicable laws, enactments, regulations, orders, standards and other similar instruments, each as may be amended or superseded from time to time.
- ii) “EU GDPR” means Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data.
- iii) "UK GDPR" has the meaning given to it in section 3(10) (as supplemented by section 205(4)) of the Data Protection Act 2018.
1.7 HOW CAN I COMPLAIN?
1.7.1 We hope you never need to raise concerns about our products and services or any aspect of any of these Terms and Conditions. However, we understand that there may be times when you do.
1.7.2 Taking Care will respond to any complaint made by you in accordance with our internal complaint handling procedure as set out in the Welcome Brochure provided to you.
- 1.7.3 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affect your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law. For more detailed information on what you can expect from us to ensure that we comply with our legal obligations to consumers, please:
- Call our Customer Services Team on 0800 085 7371; or
- Contact us in writing at: Customer Services, Taking Care, Linhay House, Linhay Business Park, Eastern Road, Ashburton TQ13 7UP; or
- Email us at: email@example.com
- 1.7.4 If we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction using our complaint handling procedure, we will upon your request escalate your complaint to the Telecare Services Association (TSA). Whilst the Telecare industry is not regulated by an independent adjudicating body or ombudsman, Taking Care adopts the principles laid out by the TSA for raising complaints.
A full version of our Terms and Conditions are available to download here (PDF format).
Last updated: 12th July 2022