Age Co Personal Alarms Warranty Terms & Conditions
The Age Co Personal Alarms service and website is provided by Taking Care (PPP Taking Care Limited).
Taking Care is the trading name and brand of PPP Taking Care Limited. PPP Taking Care Limited ("PPP Taking Care”, "Taking Care", “us”, “our” and “we”) is part of the AXA Group of companies which includes AXA Insurance UK Plc, AXA PPP healthcare Ltd & AXA PPP healthcare Group.
These terms apply to each selected Product which you purchase from us:
- 1.1 We warrant that on delivery or installation (as applicable), and for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery or installation (as applicable) (the “Warranty Period”), the Product will be:
- i) fully functioning in accordance with the description;
- ii) free from faults or defects in design, materials and workmanship;
- iii) safe for the use for which they are intended;
- iv) of satisfactory quality (within the meaning of the Consumer Rights Act 2015);
- v) fit for the intended purpose for which you will use them (within the meaning of the Consumer Rights Act 2015); and
- vi) installed correctly (if applicable).
- 1.2 You agree to report any failure to function, fault or defect that you have noticed in any Product as soon as possible by contacting our Customer Services Team on 0800 085 7371* and permit us to take any steps as we consider appropriate to resolve the problem. Please note however that we are not obliged to repair, replace or refund any Product outside of the Warranty Period.
- 1.3 Provided that:
- i) you notify us during the Warranty Period within a reasonable time of discovery that any Product does not comply with the warranties provided;
- ii) you provide us with a reasonable opportunity to examine such Product; and
- iii) if requested by us, you return such Product to us at our cost,
we will, as appropriate and in our sole discretion, either repair or replace the defective Product, or refund the price in full.
- 1.4 The terms of this contract shall apply to any repaired or replacement Product supplied by us.
- 1.5 We will not be liable for the failure of any Product to comply with the warranties set out in Section 3.5 above in any of the following events:
- i) the fault, defect or failure to function has arisen because you have failed to follow our instructions as to use, testing or maintenance (as applicable and set out in the user guide);
- ii) you have altered, modified or repaired such Product without our written consent;
- iii) the fault, defect or failure to function has arisen because of fair wear and tear, accident, misuse, wilful damage, neglect, negligence or abnormal or incorrect working conditions (recommended working conditions are set out in the user guide) after delivery or installation (as applicable); or
- iv) it differs from its description because of changes required to be made for legal or regulatory reasons.
Last updated: 5th March 2020