Age Co Inhome and GSM Terms & Conditions
The Age Co Personal Alarms service and website is provided by Taking Care (PPP Taking Care Limited).
Taking Care is the trading name and brand of PPP Taking Care Limited. PPP Taking Care Limited ("PPP Taking Care”, "Taking Care", “us”, “our” and “we”) is part of the AXA Group of companies which includes AXA Insurance UK Plc, AXA PPP healthcare Ltd & AXA PPP healthcare Group.
These terms apply to the in-home/GSM Personal Alarm Service:
1. BRITISH TELECOM TELEPHONE LINE REQUIREMENT
1.1. WARNING – The alarm base unit required to access the in-home Personal Alarm Service is currently only approved to work with a telephone line supplied and maintained by British Telecom (BT). However if BT is not your current provider, please contact your provider to check the compatibility of the personal alarm service base unit BEFORE you sign up to our service. If you transfer to a new provider in future, please check the compatibility of the alarm base unit with them BEFORE you transfer.
- 1.2 Prior to purchasing the in-home Personal Alarm Service you must ensure that:
- i) you have confirmed with your telephone line supplier that your telephone line is compatible with the alarm base unit;
- ii) you pay all sums due to your telephone line supplier and comply with the terms of your agreement with your telephone line supplier to ensure that we are able to continue to provide you with the Personal Alarm Service; and
- iii) you have a modern telephone jack socket with a mains electrical 13 amp power socket (ideally within two metres of the telephone and on the same wall) in full working order.
- 1.3 NO TELEPHONE LINE?
If you do not have a telephone line available we will may still be able to provide you with a Personal Alarm Service by using our GSM Personal Alarm Service which is specifically designed to operate on a mobile telephone network to allow you to access the Emergency Resolution Centre. Please see the GSM Personal Alarm Service section below for further details in relation to this service.
2. GSM PERSONAL ALARM SERVICE
2.1 WARNING - The GSM Personal Alarm Service will require a mobile telephone network signal at the premises to access the Emergency Resolution centre. PPP Taking Care cannot guarantee a mobile network signal and is therefore not liable should the connectivity to the mobile telephone network fail.
- 2.2 Prior to purchasing the GSM Personal Alarm Service you must ensure that you have a mains electrical 13 amp power socket in full working order.
3. USE OF THE BASIC SYSTEM NEEDED TO ACCESS THE IN-HOME/GSM PERSONAL ALARM SERVICE
- 3.1 To receive the in-home/GSM Personal Alarm Service you will need to have an alarm base unit installed at your premises and an emergency alert button (together the “Basic System”). We will provide the Basic System to you so that you can access the Personal Alarm Service, but you acknowledge and agree that the Basic System will remain our property at all times. You therefore agree that you will:
- i) not sell, dispose of, part with possession of, lend, lease or hire the Basic System;
- ii) use and operate the Basic System to access the Personal Alarm Service with reasonable care and in accordance with the instructions; and
- iii) in the case of the GSM Personal Alarm Service you must not remove the SIM card from the Basic System.
- 3.2 To utilise our in-home/GSM Personal Alarm Service we may require access to your premises for the purposes of installing and demonstrating the Basic System), and/or for any on-going maintenance requirements. In these circumstances, the following terms and conditions shall apply:
- i) you agree to allow our Telecare consultants access to your premises for these purposes and to facilitate easy access to the location where the equipment is to be installed; and
- ii) if we have arranged a scheduled appointment with you and there is no answer when we attend your home, we will call you on your nominated telephone number and we will put a business card through your door when we leave. In such circumstances, we reserve the right to charge £99 for any re-scheduled appointment.
- 3.3 Within 10 working days of making your first Personal Alarm Service payment:
- i) for “We Connect” (where we will come to your house to install your Personal Alarm) customers, we will install the Basic System at your premises and demonstrate how to use it to access the Personal Alarm Service.
- ii) for “Self-Connect” (where you will install the Personal Alarm yourself) customers:
- a) we will deliver the Basic System to you together with instructions for installation, testing and use of the Basic System to access the Personal Alarm Service;
- b) you must make a test call at the time of installation to activate the Basic System and ensure that it is fully operational;
- c) you are advised to check the range of the emergency alert button on your pendant by pressing it at various places within your home and garden. If you have any concerns about the range please call us for advice; and
- d) if you are unable to install the Basic System yourself or you install it incorrectly and a Telecare Consultant is required to visit your premises to install, re-install or re-set the Basic System (or any part of it), we reserve the right to charge you £99.
- 3.4 At the discretion of PPP Taking Care the equipment may be new or previously used and refurbished to an equivalent level of safety and quality.
- 3.5 You will not be responsible for any damage to the PPP Taking Care Products and Services that is caused by reasonable wear and tear or caused by any fault or defect. However, please note that you will be responsible for the cost of replacing or repairing the PPP Taking Care Products and Services (total replacement value approximately £99) if it, or any part of it, is otherwise damaged, lost, stolen or destroyed whilst in your care.
4. BASIC SYSTEM MAINTENANCE AND TESTING
- 4.1 We will provide maintenance services in respect of the Basic System free of charge. This will consist of carrying out inspections, diagnoses and the repair or replacement of the Basic System (or any part of it) made necessary by normal wear and tear.
- 4.2 Maintenance of the Basic System will also be carried out by remote monitoring (at our discretion), and in response to any request made by you.
- 4.3 We will respond to all maintenance requests relating to the in-home/GSM Personal Alarm Service, and we will endeavour to attend to all requests which are deemed by us to be urgent within 24 hours, and to attend to those requests deemed to be non-urgent within five working days. Our staff will be responsible for categorising requests as to either urgent or non-urgent following an assessment of individual circumstances and need.
- 4.4 Please note that we do not provide any maintenance services or additional work required to the Basic System which is a result of:
- i) modifications or additions to the Basic System (or any part of it) made by you;
- ii) you or a third party moving or attempting to move or tampering with the Basic System (or any part of it) after initial installation by us;
- iii) misuse or neglect or any accidental damage to the Basic System (or any part of it);
- iv) your failure to follow our (or the manufacturer’s) instructions or advice;
- v) defects in the electricity supply, telephone service, connections or equipment, cabling, junction boxes, ducting etc used or required by the Basic System (other than where any such defects were caused by or contributed to by us during the initial installation); or
- vi) any damage caused to the Basic System by an insurable event impacting your premises (e.g. fire, flood, storm, theft etc.).
- 4.5 If we, at our sole discretion, agree to carry out any additional work with respect to the Basic System in any of the circumstances listed at 4.4 above, we shall be entitled to charge you £99 per any such request.
- 4.6 Please ensure that you test the Basic System and in-home/GPS Personal Alarm System are operating correctly by making a test call at least once a month by activating the emergency button on your device.
- 4.7 Please ensure that you report any fault, problem, damage, loss or theft of the Basic System as soon as possible by contacting our Customer Services Team on 0800 085 7371* and permit us to take any steps as we consider appropriate to resolve the problem.
5. ADDITIONAL DEVICES
- 5.1 PPP Taking Care supplies additional devices to enhance your use of the Personal Alarm Service including [fall sensors] (each an "Additional Device"). The Additional Devices are optional and are only available if you are receiving the Personal Alarm Service from us. They may be purchased at any time whilst using the Personal Alarm Service.
- 5.2 If you have opted to purchase an Additional Device at the same time as ordering your Personal Alarm Service, you agree to pay the prices shown on the Order Form on the date the contract for the sale of the relevant product becomes legally binding. If you choose to order any Additional Device after your Personal Alarms Service has commenced, you agree to pay the price and the installation charges (as confirmed to you by us) on the date you confirm your order using your preferred payment method notified by you to us at that time.
- 5.3 Each Additional Device purchased will be your responsibility from the time of delivery or installation (as applicable).
- 5.4 Please note that other than our obligations as set out above, we do not provide any maintenance services in respect of the Additional Devices and shall not reposition any Additional Device after initial installation, or repair any Additional Device after the end of the Warranty Period (as defined in the Warranty section below) free of charge. Where we, at our sole discretion, agree to carry out any such additional work you will be charged £99 per request.
- 5.5 It is your responsibility to test regularly that each Additional Device is operating properly and to replace the batteries (if applicable) or the entire device, if required. PPP Taking Care offers a separate ‘Annual Device Checking Service’ for an additional fee which may assist you in this regard – please contact our Customer Services Team on 0800 085 7371* if you are interested in receiving this service.
- 5.6 We will install your Additional Devices in an appropriate location on your premises. You must provide us, in sufficient time, with any information or instructions required for us to carry out the installation at the location and time designated by you. We will not be liable for delayed installation caused by your failure to provide adequate information or instructions to enable us to carry out the installation.
- 5.7 If we have arranged a scheduled appointment with you and there is no answer when we attend your home, we will call you on your nominated telephone number and we will put a business card through your door when we leave. In such circumstances, or where the installation was prevented by any other reason outside of our reasonable control, we reserve the right to charge £99 for any re-scheduled appointment.
Last updated: 24th August 2020